these may not seem like big numbers but through each of these numbers i have learnt something, experienced something, shared something and gained something. today is the first day of the second half of my first blog year. yes, i started my blog 6 months ago and when i see it today its completely different. its almost like i’m completely different. i have grown with this project through every new thing that i have taken my blog through. be it the ‘let your blog snow’ thing, or postaweek2011, or crossing 100 hits :). my first comment, my first header. i have seen so many firsts here that the memories are cosmic. i love my blog and i can’t wait for my first blogoversary.!!!
these are the things that i have learnt from other bloggers and through the experience of blogging myself:
- try not to leave links to your blog in every other blog you comment on. it gives a sort of desperate look. just give a genuine comment and i’m sure the author will come back to you.
- but if you are mentioning another author in your post let that author know, and THERE leave a link to your post.
- try and reply to all the comments on your blog and even if you have nothing to say at least say ‘thanks for reading my blog.’
- make your captions interesting enough so that people are intrigued and want to read the rest of the post.
- try including pictures in your posts because visual aids are always better.
- be honest and be true to yourself- which means don’t copy someone else’s posts.
- join postaweek2011 or postaday2011– it will help you to blog more regularly.
- keep reading freshly pressed. it opens you up to more ideas.
- a few other interesting things you could include are: polls, interviews, to-do lists (this is one of them btw 😛 ), book & movie reviews etc.
- publicize your blog on facebook or twitter or some other site.
i hope i don’t sound like a 6-month old know-it-all, but its just that i have loved wordpress for the past 6 months and i am dying to share my experiences. after months of going through other people’s tips on blogging/writing, i finally feel like a part of something and i want to show-off a bit too!!
so happy blogging guys!! and let me know how long you have been blogging and your experiences all through it.